Ares Is Ready For Battle
A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda EX for XBLA Now Available!
Aksys Games is proud to announce that Ares, the alien cyborg sent to end Zytron’s reign of terror and save Minos Station, is now ready to save the world for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft in North America (Canada/Mexico/US), Europe (including Australia and New Zealand) and Japan! A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda EX is an action-packed 2D side-scrolling platform game by ORiGO Games and Extend Studios that originally took Steam by storm in 2009, winning second place in Microsoft’s Dream.Build.Play contest. Now redesigned specially for Xbox LIVE® Arcade for Xbox 360 with amazing graphics, new bosses and stages, a new character, and loads more content, A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda EX on XBLA is a completely new experience for old and new fans alike!
A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda EX Story Summary
In the year 2060, humanity has reached the stars. As they began to venture forth into the universe, they encountered an alien race known as the Atzai, who gave them the technology to combat the pollution that had been plaguing Earth. With this technology, humankind and the Atzai built Minos Space Station, which was design to convert pollution into fuel for space travel. For once, Earth was at peace and a strong bond was forged between Human and Machine. However, not all Atzai agreed with the human race and slowly rebel factions formed inside the Atzai ranks.
The year is now 2094, and rebel faction leader Zytron has attacked and taken control of Minos Space Station, along with all of its machines. Receiving a distress call from Dr. Julia Carson, Minos Space Station’s chief engineer, Atzai Command sends their best to save the survivors and stop Zytron from his secret “Extinction Agenda” for mankind.
Take control of Ares and newcomer Tarus for two separate story arcs, and uncover the conspiracy behind Zytron’s invasion of Minos Station.
Ares is a combat specialist built to run faster, jump higher, and fire quicker. Tarus is a battle veteran built for giving and taking damage with his tank-like body. Together with their orbital handler Valkyl, they must race against the clock to save the survivors and stop Zytron’s Extinction Agenda.
So What’s New?
- Receiving Console Transmission – A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda EX has been refitted with new console friendly designs, including a new UI, control scheme, and leaderboards.
- Upgrade Complete – Armed with new weapons, abilities, and even a new playable ally, humanity’s secret weapon has never been stronger.
- Obstruction Eminent – Ares isn’t the only one with new tricks; new enemies and bosses have also joined the fray. Along with challenges stages, you’ll need all your might and power to fight off these guys.
- Uncharted Sectors – With readjusted maps and completely new levels, there are an abundance of areas to explore for new and returning robots alike. Delve deeper into the world of A.R.E.S. and discover new areas of Minos Space Station you never knew existed!
- Visuals Updated – New high resolution textures as well as brand new animated cut scenes.
- Audio Enhanced – A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda EX comes complete with the original soundtrack by Hyperduck Soundworks. Also now boasting a completely new additional soundtrack for the second campaign from Heavy Metal master Charlie Parra Del Riego, a perfect fit for Tarus the heavy metal Tanker.