Bohemia Interactive, the award-winning independent Czech development studio, announces the release date of the turn-based close-combat strategy game Arma Tactics for PC via Steam as well as the launch of the early access beta.
Following on from the highly successful launch of Arma Tactics on mobile platforms, Bohemia Interactive is delighted to announce the PC version available via Steam.
Scheduled for release 1st October 2013 with a price of $8.99 ? 6.99 £5.99, eager gamers who pre-order now will receive a 15% discount as well as access to the beta.
Arma Tactics will receive a number of PC specific upgrades/improvements including: Amazingly visually enhanced (high-detailed textures, post effects, high-detailed light maps, enhanced shaders and shadows). Controls optimized for PC (mouse+keyboard) and full support for gamepad. Please note not all enhanced features will be included in the initial beta.
Arma Tactics is a turn-based close-combat strategy game, where the player takes control of a four-member Special Forces team. There are no given strategies, rails to move on, or paths to follow; it‘s up to the player to decide how he will play through both the story-driven missions and generated missions with randomized objectives. Whether using stealth or a more direct approach, players will need to use their strategic thinking and use both basic and advanced weaponry while facing many different opponents – ranging from unorganized local militia to smart and skilled mercenaries.
With highly re-playable missions, weapons to unlock and whole campaigns to be regularly added, Arma Tactics offers many hours of intense ever-changing action.
- Explore highly detailed battlefield environments that come to life with sophisticated particle systems and post-process effects
- See your men come to life with realistic animations captured by a powerful motion-capture solution
- Lead them through a thrilling single player campaign or improve your skills in generated missions
- Gather experience points to level up your characters, upgrade weapons and unlock special equipment
- Choose your difficulty – we make sure the game is fun to play for both casual players and hardcore gamers
- Take part in challenging special game modes
- Additional campaign coming October 2013
Available for PC via Steam from 1st October 2013 Price $8.99 ?6.99 £5.99
Pre-order now for 15% discount and beta access!
OS: Microsoft Windows® XP SP2 or newer
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo or dual core AMD XP or better
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 9.0c Compatible (with shader model 2)
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 500 MB available space
Sound Card: DirectX9 compatible sound card