Batman™: Arkham Origins Collectors’ Edition Revealed for
North America, Australia and New Zealand
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today unveiled details for the Batman™: Arkham Origins Collectors’ Edition. The package will be available on October 25, 2013 in limited quantities for the PlayStation®3 system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and has a retail price of $119.99.
The Batman: Arkham Origins Collectors’ Edition will include the following extensive bonus content:
- Exclusive Arkham Origins highly detailed premium statue featuring LED effects produced by TriForce
- Height: 9″
- Depth: 11.5″
- Width: 13″
- 80-page, full-color hardcover art book measuring approx. 7.5” x 10.75” x .5”
- 2 key pieces of evidence taken directly from the Gotham City Police Department crime lab
- Batman Wanted Poster
- Batwing Prototype Schematic
- Anarky logo stencil
- Glow-In-The-Dark map of Gotham City
- Wayne Family Photo
- Assassin’s Intel Dossier, including files on the 8 assassins, as well as Black Mask’s contract
- 1st Appearance Batman Skin: Look just like Batman did during his first appearance in Detective Comics #27, released in 1939.
- Deathstroke Challenge Pack – Unlock the ability to play as one of the world’s deadliest assassins! Usable throughout all the Arkham Origins Challenge maps. Also includes two bonus challenge maps and two bonus Deathstroke Skins.
- Bonus (not available in Australia / New Zealand): Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics– This new feature-length documentary from Warner Bros Home Entertainment focuses on DC Comics’ most terrifying villains. Legendary actor Christopher Lee narrates the film.
- The PS3 edition will also include the Knightfall pack as an exclusive piece of content
Developed by WB Games Montréal, Batman: Arkham Origins features an expanded Gotham City and introduces an original prequel storyline set several years before the events of Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City. Taking place before the rise of Gotham City’s most dangerous criminals, the game showcases a young and unrefined Batman as he faces a defining moment in his early career as a crime fighter that sets his path to becoming the Dark Knight. As the story unfolds, players will meet many important characters for the first time and forge key relationships. Batman: Arkham Origins will ship with a multiplayer mode developed by Splash Damage that allows players to take the franchise’s award-winning gameplay online to play with friends and foes.
Batman: Arkham Origins is the next installment in the blockbuster Batman: Arkham videogame franchise and will be available for the PS3™, Xbox 360®, the Wii U™ system, and Windows PC. Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate™, the handheld version developed by Armature Studio, will be available for PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system and the Nintendo 3DS™ handheld system. The game will release on all platforms worldwide on Oct. 25, 2013.