Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced that the acclaimed Castlevania: Lords of Shadow will come to PC for the first time this summer. New assets and a playable demo will also be unveiled at this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo 2013 (E3). Offering state of the art graphics that deliver an awesome game experience, plus add-on content (Reverie and Resurrection downloadable content) included in the full game, fans can play the new demo at the KONAMI booth (#2401, South Hall).
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is a dark and vivid new re-imagining of the Castlevania mythology. It is the end of days and ungodly powers isolate the Earth. The World’s alliance with the Heavens has been threatened by a dark and malevolent force – the mysterious Lords of Shadow. Across this shattered land, the souls of the dead wander unable to find peace, whilst creatures of evil wreak chaos and death upon the living.
Gabriel Belmont is a member of the Brotherhood of Light, an elite group of holy knights who protect and defend the innocent against the supernatural. His beloved wife was brutally murdered by the evil forces of darkness and her soul trapped for eternity. Neither living nor dead, she realizes the horrific truth of what is at stake and guides Gabriel to his destiny – and hopefully salvation for the world.
Key features of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow for the PC include:
PC Key Features:
• New Features: Fans will enjoy the original full game plus add-on content Reverie and Resurrection. Additional features include enhanced 1080p High Definition Graphics, solid 60 frames per second (recommended spec), and trophy integration through Steam with Cloud saving.
• New Storyline: Players can immerse themselves into the brand-new Lords of Shadow storyline, meeting classic characters and experiencing tangential side stories.
• New Weapons and Skills: Overcome obstacles using the Combat Cross multi-function weapon and hone platforming skills in this sprawling adventure. Swing across chasms, climb sheer walls, rappel down cliffs, grip and pull away any and all things that get in the way!
• New Titan Battles: Take on behemoth enemies that scale to the size of complete world environments and where special attacks and cunning speed are required for advancement.
• New Exploration: Explore gothic ruins, dark castles, old forest and frozen wastelands. Discover a whole world to investigate with many routes and hidden secret places that contain items to aid Gabriel on his quest.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is rated “M” for Mature by the ESRB and is currently available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. The PC version will be available for download this summer via STEAM.
For more information on STEAM, please visit: http://store.steampowered.com/app/234080