Rayman, Barbara, Globox, and the Teensies are off wandering through an enchanted forest when they discover a mysterious tent filled with a series of captivating paintings. As they look more closely, they notice each painting seems to tell the story of a mythical world. While focusing on a painting that shows a medieval land, they are suddenly sucked into the painting, entering the world, and the adventure begins. The gang must run, jump and fight their way through each world to save the day and discover the secrets of every legendary painting.
– VITA Showcase: Rayman Legends takes full advantage of the PS VITA. Use the touch screen to zoom, take out enemies, and manipulate platforms, cut ropes to clear a path and much more. You can touch the rear pad alternative for the touch gameplay. With the gyroscope technology, you can move rotating platform and there are many more surprises to come!
– 2-Players local – Multiplayer Co-op mode: You can play with your friends, using the WIFI connection. One Player will play as Murfy with the touch screen, Player two will play with classic controls.
– Rayman Rocks!: Jump to the beat of a drum, punch to the bass line, even zip-line during a guitar sustain. Timing and rhythm are the key to beat these maps set to music. See if you have what it takes to be a Platforming Hero.
– Online Challenges: Add and challenge your friends online through a variety of challenges that will test your skill and speed. Check the leaderboards to see where you rank around the world.
– Social features: Share your scores and skills on Facebook.
– Exclusive Content: 5 touch maps and 2 heroes: Ray of Persia and Glob Cell.
– UbiArt Engine Advancements: The UbiArt engine has expanded its abilities to now include 3D gameplay elements, a new lighting design, and a new rendering system which take Rayman’s award-winning graphics to the next level.
– The Award-Winning Team Is Back: The legendary team of decorated artists, designers and composers are teaming up again to create new worlds, new characters and a new soundtrack.
Rayman Legends on PS Vita includes all of the original Rayman Legends content, as well as five exclusive maps playable with Murphy, the green bottle fly seen in previous Rayman games, controlled through the Rear Touch Pad. A multiplayer mode is locally accessible on Wi-Fi and fans from the same country can play in cooperation. Players can also compete with one another in the online challenges and compare rankings in the online leaderboards.
In addition to the five Vita-specific maps, two exclusive costumes were created by the Ubisoft Montpellier team. Players can dress Rayman in a costume from Prince of Persia, the legendary hero of the popular Ubisoft franchise, while Globox can go incognito in a costume from the stealthy spy series, Splinter Cell.
Rayman Legends will also be available on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Nintendo Wii U™ at the same time, on September 3rd.
Rayman Legends retains the fantasy appeal of its predecessor while adding a multitude of clever and entertaining gaming modes, new characters, new environments and a new soundtrack. The award-winning team of artists, designers and composers from Origins has also returned with an advanced UbiArt engine to include multi-dimension gameplay elements, an improved lighting system and updated game rendering that elevate Rayman’s graphics to the next level.
For more information on Rayman Legends, please visit: www.raymanlegends.com